Thursday, September 15, 2022

  DAY TWENTY THREE --  FIFTEENTH SEPTEMBER  -- QUEENSTOWN TO INVERCARGILL


Leaving Queenstown for Invercargill . Beautiful scenery, snow covered peaks, steep and winding roads and then fairly open plains with sheep, cattle and even deer. Then Invercargill itself. stopped at a Bakery and I was waiting in the car ..bump...I got out and a lady had backed into us!. She got out and said with a smile " Its not my day! Lucky there was no damage and she went off still smiling!

I was grateful that I had access to a laundry and was able to wash and dry a large number of clothes for us all. Helen and I stayed in our units and I must admit the afternoon was very enjoyable. In the afternoon 4 degrees and 45 km per hour winds...and showers...some really heavy rain. Being cosy indoors with a good book..what more could you ask for!

Henry and Gary braved the weather and went to a car museum. they really enjoyed it but got caught in showers on the way home.

Only a few photos Henry took today as Im sure that photos of me asleep would hardly amuse anyone!










No comments:

Post a Comment

 DAY THIRTY -- TWENTY SECOND OF SEPTEMBER -- CHRISTCHURCH Today was our last day in Christchurch. Difficult to come to the end of your holid...